YS Goof

Ed Deaver divesplat at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 26 22:12:05 AKDT 2004

I was putting a new crank in my DZ and couldn't get the crank in all the way, so(please no stupid comments) I forced the crank into place using a prop and prop nut, breaking the ring aound the flywheel and cracking the top of the housing this ring sits up against on the top

My question is can I stil use this case? Should I JB weld this crack for sealing purposes?  Should I just leave as is and try it?

I don't know how much fuel/pressure/leakage would occur getting past this ring around the flywheel.

Any comments are appreciated as this is the first YS to take apart and put together(sort of)  and yes, lessons have been learned:):)

Thanx in advance

ed