Paint?

rickwallace45 rickwallace45 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 25 18:31:22 AKDT 2004

Scott's Patriot really looks great w/ the Nelson paint - he's obviously
broken the code!

I used it on an FW 190 awhile back, and had a heck of a time with it pulling
up even with the low tack plastic masking tape I was using. I shot it in
light  coats thru a conventional spray gun, and sometimes adhesion was good,
and sometimes it came off all the way to the primer (Century 21 spray bomb
primer btw).

Another friend did a Balsa USA Sopwith Pup with it about the same time - won
People's Choice at Rhinebeck one year, but also had a problem with it
staying down between coats.

NOT putting this up to bash the paint- Scott's plane and others are
testaments that it can be excellent - just saying that I'd really like to go
to school on how to do it right, if there is a special 'right' way to do it.