District 3 Championship rescheduled...

Emory Schroeter emorydmd at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 18 18:37:47 AKDT 2004

Hello,

This message is very important for anyone planning on attending the NSRCA District 3 Championship. The originally scheduled date for the event was for this coming weekend, September 25th and 26th, and it was going to be held in Pensacola, FL. As most of you already know, the area has been severely crippled due to the winds and rain of Hurricane Ivan. Parts of the I-10 bridge on both sides of the city no longer exist and much of the city is without power. After speaking with Tony Stillman, we decided that it was not a good idea to try to hold the contest this next weekend. Also, there is concern for having the contest in  Pensacola even in the coming weeks. Although the flying field itself was not damaged, hotels are still a major concern. Even though the city will hopefully be recovering in coming weeks and should have power back, I felt that hotel availability may be questionable due to workers coming in to the area and people that have been forced out of their homes. Also, we just don't know when things will return to normal. So, the decision has been made to move both the contest date and location.

The new contest date is October 9th-10th and the contest is being moved to Andersonville, GA. This is a privately owned field and the owner was gracious enough to let us use it on such short notice. Those of you that have attended the Peach Pattern Classic know that this is a fantastic facility with one of the nicest hobby shops located behind the flight line. There are RV hook-ups on site and I have called four of the hotels in the area and all have plenty of rooms available. You can print an event flyer by going to this web address....
http://flyinggriffins.org/D3Flyer/index.html (Hotels are listed on the new flyer)

I would like to apologize in advance for the inconvenience, but I felt this was our best solution. I know many of you have already juggled around your time off of work and family vacation to fit in this contest. I hope you will be able to change your schedule to attend. Also, I would like to ask any of you that have friends that are not internet users (either don't get the NSRCA email list or don't follow RC Universe) to please contact them and pass along this information. If you have any questions, I can be reached at this email address...
emorydmd at earthlink.net

Thank You,
Emory Schroeter, CD.