Judging Controversy - Part 2

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Sun Sep 12 17:05:22 AKDT 2004

On Sep 11, 2004, at 10:05 PM, Ken Velez wrote:

>  Bill, the way I understand it is that NSRCA submits a list to the AMA
> which will present a list to FAI and the FAI will make the decision.
> But the only difference that I see here is that Bob Noll was selected
> for the 2003 WC by the AMA apparently not knowing that the judge for
> 2003 was already been selected and was reassigned to 2005 WC.

Tony Stillman will probably step in here and clarify anything I submit.
  However, it might be tomorrow (Monday), since we were at a contest up
in Huntsville, AL this weekend and I just returned a few minutes ago.

The AMA submits a list of judges to the FAI.  It used to be three
names; now it is five.  The only actions the FAI takes is to 1.) Look
at the names and eliminate any which are unacceptable (???) and 2.)
Send the list to the F3A World Championship organizing committee.  The
organizing committee must pick a name from that list.  This process has
not happened yet, so there is currently no U.S. judge selected for the
2005 F3A WC.  BTW, they don't even have to pick a U.S. judge.   If they
select a U.S. judge, they must select from the list they are given.

Ron Van Putte