European Champs, judging controversary ** Klipped **

Del Rykert drykert at localnet.com
Tue Sep 7 11:31:41 AKDT 2004

Maybe it was purely coincidental but I found it relevant that the whole
judging evaluation tool came to fruition after the Bob Noll controversy
started.
    I have no issue with having a fair system in place to evaluate and give
credit to the best performing judges. The major flaw in the current system
is the assumption that the majority of judges are scoring accurately but it
has been repeatedly proven that a score of zero is appropriate and other
judges miss that fact at this system rewards the judges who give the score
most comparable to the other judges. Not the one who scored a zero.
    I also take issue with the ARROGANT attitude some officers exhibit in
their passion for the sport. When it is contrary to the memberships wishes
and what the survey indicates if they are proposing something contrary then
publish it in the K-Factor and stand up for your passions like a man
believing and arguing your position. Don't use sneaky back door politics to
get a pet peeve through. They are many guilty in that fiasco.
    And some wonder why members develop apathy toward rule making and the
politics side of the sport. All of this including this message drive that
issue.
    When I have written in the past to have controversial issues published
was told it didn't fit with the intent or the editorial style. All well and
good and thankfully we at least have this forum to help show all sides. Not
just the officers grind.

                         del
               NSRCA - 473