recovering Focus One

Lee Davis lee at piedmontmodels.com
Fri Sep 3 12:41:32 AKDT 2004

Randy,

Most of the time it's best to do dark colors over light so the dark colors
won't show through at the edges.  However, in the case of the Focus ARF
color scheme it's much easier to cover the top and bottom of the plane then
cover the sides with the white, since the white can be a single piece that
can clean up the edges of the much harder to cover top and bottom.  White is
very opaque so doesn't have the lighter over a darker color problem.  This
also answers question number 3.  Yellow is not very opaque and cannot be
used to cover over other colors.

Covering difficult pieces is like the tourist asking the cabby how to get to
Carnegie Hall - practice, practice, practice.  A good cheat is Ultracote
self adhesive trim sheets.

Lee Davis
Piedmont Models