Help with radio choice, Possible firestorm!

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Mon Oct 25 10:27:11 AKDT 2004

Glen,

Look to the new 9303. It is priced in the same ball park as the 8103 but is
a significant step up. It has flight modes and can be activated by a single
3 position switch. So if you want all your rate change on a  single switch
its great. This switch is assignable to where you want it. If you want them
separate them that's an option too. The 9303 has throttle curves, and mixing
capability that make it a really great radio for pattern flying.

I still love the 10X but the 9303 is the best radio I have seen on the
market other than the flagship radios like the 10X and Futaba 9Z.

Another really good thing is the way the 9303 can gang servos together. They
call it Mating the servos. Instead of mixing like elevator to gear for dual
elevators. You just Mate them and its all done. Set the end points and
subtrims and they will track together and trim works for both...Its just
like having a new channel in slot 5 called Left elevator. The programming
also changes the name of the channel for you so you don't get confused. This
can be done for ailerons, dual rudder servos, dual elevator servos, or just
about anything. I just spent the last week hanging out with the New Zealand
crew before they headed down to the Tucson Shootout. The word Mate was used
a bunch. Great guys.

Any case back to the subject at hand.....PCM is the only way to go, it is so
much better at rejection of the interference. JR has a new 7channel PCM RX
that is under $100 its great its the R770. Its also light weight. I have
used in in 2M pattern models and is perfect. Only weighs like 1oz and the
price is right too.

Both the 9303 and the R770 PCM RX are outstanding products. Look into them
and you will be impressed.

Troy Newman