Fw: Focus 11 Throw Controls [PMX:]

Jeff H. Snider jeff at snider.com
Fri Oct 15 12:03:17 AKDT 2004

Vincente,

I'm the very lucky purchaser of Don's Focus I, complete
with his tx, trim and mixes.  It has been winning
Sportsman at every competition I take it to.  I don't
think that has anything to do with me though, any
monkey with two thumbs can fly this plane smooth and
straight, and it makes stall turns hard to get wrong!

Here are the measurements I just took off the plane:

Aileron:
 low rates: 1/2" up and down.
 high rates: 3/4" up and down.

Elevator:
 low rates: 1/2" up and down.
 high rates: 3/4" down, 7/8" up.

Rudder (measured at the farthest aft point of the rudder):
 low rates: 2 1/2" left and right.
 high rates: 3 1/4" left and right.

I'm sure a more precise measuring setup would reveal
subtle differences between up and down, left and
right, but that's the best my ruler can do today.
Obviously I need to add a real throw meter to my
(already too rapidly growing) collection of tools!

	-Jeff