Strange Batery Behavior

Tom Simes nsrca at shinymetalass.com
Wed Oct 13 07:16:14 AKDT 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:51:23 +0000
randy10926 at comcast.net wrote:

> I was out practicing this last Monday when I noticed the lights on my
> volt watch doing what I thought was strange stuff.  So I stopping
> flying and went home.
>
> I put the plane on the cycler and charged the Ni-cds on the cycler.
> Next morning independent check showed the battery as full charged and
> no flickering lights on the volt watch when I turned the plane on.  So
> far - go good, so I thought it might be good to cycle the batteries a
> couple of times just to make sure things are working.  When I push the
> dis-charge button the plane immediately goes back to full charge.  I
> cycled two other batteries to check the cycler out and it seems to be
> working.  So is the battery in the Focus safe to use?
>
> Randy Hatfield

When you say that you put the plane on the cycler, I presume you were
charging it through a switch harness.  As Tony suggested, pull the pack
out and try to determine whether the problem is the pack or the
intermediate wiring/switch.  Sounds like you dodged a bullet to me -
good luck finding a definitive cause.  BTW, not affiliated or anything
but Radio South makes up very nice packs :)

--
Tom

(\\\\ \_/ /-    -\ \_/ ////)  "That's not flying, that's just
 \       /________\       /    falling with style!"  Woody, Toy Story
  /   /|____________|\   \     Tom Simes - AMA 230068
 /   /                \   \    nsrca at shinymetalass.com