Strange Batery Behavior

Gerald Gallagher jgall at mpinet.net
Wed Oct 13 07:07:56 AKDT 2004

When in doubt, take them out!

Jerry Gallagher

-----Original Message-----
From: discussion-request at nsrca.org [mailto:discussion-request at nsrca.org]
On Behalf Of randy10926 at comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 10:51 AM
To: nvrc club list; discussion at nsrca.org @nsrca.
Subject: Strange Batery Behavior

I was out practicing this last Monday when I noticed the lights on my
volt watch doing what I thought was strange stuff.  So I stopping flying
and went home.

I put the plane on the cycler and charged the Ni-cds on the cycler.
Next morning independent check showed the battery as full charged and no
flickering lights on the volt watch when I turned the plane on.  So far
- go good, so I thought it might be good to cycle the batteries a couple
of times just to make sure things are working.  When I push the
dis-charge button the plane immediately goes back to full charge.  I
cycled two other batteries to check the cycler out and it seems to be
working.  So is the battery in the Focus safe to use?

Randy Hatfield