Strange Batery Behavior

pbrine at uoguelph.ca pbrine at uoguelph.ca
Wed Oct 13 08:08:04 AKDT 2004

Randy:

I would check the voltage on the fully charged pack.  I suspect that you have a
dead/bad cell and the voltage is lower than the cutoff on the cycler.

I had a battery pack do this earlier this year.

The voltage on the fully charged pack was only about 4.0v which was less than
the cutoff on the cycler so it immediately switched over to charge.

I didn't investigate further as it was 2 years old.  I just threw it out and
bought an new pack.  Batteries are cheap.  Airplanes aren't.

Paul
Quoting randy10926 at comcast.net: