YS 91 FZ HELP PLEASE

Dean & Melissa Williams dmwilliams at bigpond.com
Sun Oct 10 23:22:32 AKDT 2004

Hi I am looking for some advice
I have a new YS91FZ with a 14x10 apc prop using 20/20 fuel (i have also tried 15% nitro / 20% coolpower) with a cd header and pipe.
The problem I have is that I seem to get the top end right 8600 rpm right and the transition right then when I try get the idle right I cannot seem to get it low enough 2800 rpm . once I take it below this and let it idle for 30 seconds or so the rpm picks up and then I cannot shut the motor off or throttle up with out working the throttle up and down into the transition.
Have I got a leak somewhere I did back the throttle stop screw back out to try and get the throttle to completly shut but this did not work the idle droped down to 2100 rpm then it picks up and I have the above problem again that I can not shut the motor down and it will not idle up , no throttle responce.

Please help me as I am in outback OZ and noone out here has any ideas.

Ps what do you use to replace the rocker cover gasket , I read somewhere that they leak and can cause some problems?

Thanking you
Outbackdean (OZ)