Resolution

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Tue Oct 5 16:16:38 AKDT 2004

On Oct 5, 2004, at 6:09 PM, Wayne Galligan wrote:

> Try to get as close to a 100% ATV that you can by making your control
> horn longer if you can.  If your maxed out there and cant change
> anything then limiting you control with dual rates or lower ATV.
> Remember when you use dual rate or lower ATV;s you are also losing
> some of you resolution or total steps in the throw of the servo arm.
> Always try the mechanical adjustment first. Then use the radio
> functions.

I agree with everything Wayne says, BUT, the truth is, most of us can't
feel the effects of a difference in resolution with lower than 100%
ATV.   After all, before we had 1024 there was 512 and I can't remember
anyone complaining about poor resolution back then.  There are some
pilots who really can tell the difference in resolution between 100%
and 50% ATV, there are pilots who want the rest of us to think they can
and then there's the rest of us.

Ron Van Putte