Fw: Electrics and how viable.?.. Matt klipped for reposting

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Wed Nov 24 10:05:17 AKST 2004

George, Del,

There is no evidence to support that the LiPoly batteries,  motors and/or
ESC's will last 1000 cycles/flights. There is ample evidence  in favor of these
systems failing at less than 100 cycles. I have heard from  several who have
run electrics in patern models, and they all have had some  issues with any of
the three items.

Be that as it may, the electrics are here to stay and, to me at least,  are a
welcome addition to the choices we have in powering our beloved  pattern
models. I am still not ready to commit the money to outfit a pattern  model but am
getting closer.

I have committed time and effort in developing a new landing gear  design to
accomodate electric set-ups. All features will be the same as the  present
gear design I offer, except longer struts for the larger props. I want  to ask
the folks who are into electric power for feedback on what kind  of gear design
they are fond of: straight out from fuse center line, or raked  back with
straight legs.

TIA

MattK

In a message dated 11/23/2004 7:39:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,