[SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Measuring Surface Flatness (was "Cabinet Grade Particle Board")

Steven maxwell patternrules at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 24 07:33:51 AKST 2004

 I done an RF test with our scanner the other day with my Transmitter in my aluminum case and still got full signal, when I worked for Shell Research I had to make brass screen mesh to keep RF for equipment in the labs, I also figured that the metal transmitter cases would stop RF the probably the biggest thing they do is you have to have the antenna collapsed or with JR removed so that alone would probably stop from killing another plane, note I didn't try to do a range check with the scanner so that I'm sure would be reduce the signal also.
 Steve Maxwell

Rcmaster199 at aol.com wrote:
Okay Thanks and good to know.

On the Aluminum case, well I think you figured out  the answer already. Also, a TX left on inside the case does no harm, at least not anymore I don't believe. There was a time when the output would get overloaded and could have burned out the RF emitting circuitry when the antenna was left off the TX, but I doubt that's the case anymore. Oddino should jump in here and educate us all.

MattK

PS- Happy Thanksgiving everybody