Warning to Masters Pilots

Ed White edvwhite at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 19:35:55 AKST 2004

This is very consistent with what I've found.  The
keys for me seem to be speed management and less
aileron in the snap than I was using last year.

This maneuver is very speed sensitive.  Previous snaps
in the upright Avalanche or 45 deg down were much less
speed sensitive.  I'm flying a Focus II, YS 140L,
17-10N prop and find I actually have to carry a little
- very little - power above idle into the snap.

Though I have yet to make it look very pretty.

Ed

--- Archie Stafford <astafford at 3states.net> wrote:

> This really is not that much tougher than any other
> maneuver.  With the breaking available today with
the