Plane type

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sat May 29 17:38:43 AKDT 2004

I flew the Alliance for two seasons in Masters and found it to be an
exceptional perfrormer
. I had the wing incidence set at 1/4 degree positive, with stab at zero and
engine as per the built in nose off sets.

Webra 145 powered mine with a 16x14initially, and I set the pipe long,
(conservative)
. Eventually went to more typical set-up on pipe setting and the plane
improved in power authority.

It sounds like you may be underpropping the L some. The L has enough beans to
turn a 16x13N just fine.

I set the cg at the recommended location and found that to be too nose heavy
for me. I eventually pushed the cg back approximately 15 mm from stock, and
everything improved.

About the only negative on this design was the amount of "UP" mix required to
fly a true knife edge-- about +8% both sides, and could have probably used
+10%. The aft cg location I was using was a good compromise between overall
flyability and the amount of UP mix to fly knife edge.

In terms of ability to lock in any attitude, it was one of the best I have
flown. It's ability to hit angles with precision, and fly true up and down lines
was outstanding. I am surprised that you are finding the plane tough to fly
with precision. Have you gone back and re-checked all of your settings?

Hope that helps you. Good luck

Matt K