Wing Anti-Rotation Pins

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 09:00:30 AKDT 2004

How about using an adhesive-lined heat shrink tubing over the dowels? It would help cushion the vibration.

AtwoodDon at aol.com wrote:In a message dated 5/25/2004 6:36:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time, rcaerobob at cox.net writes:
I'm considering adding CF tubing on the outside of my hardwood dowels, and then installing matching "sockets" out of CF in the fuse sides (wood structure, no adjusters).
    Anybody with any thoughts about this to reduce wear and slop??

Bob Pastorello

Bob, your method will work however let me suggest that surface area is a big contributor to the wear factor.  In the past, I have done what you are planning but went to a larger dowel and socket and found the wear occured much slower.  Doubling the diameter increases the wear surface dramatically with no increase in the vibration wear factor.

Don

Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com