Wing Anti-Rotation Pins

AtwoodDon at aol.com AtwoodDon at aol.com
Wed May 26 07:46:28 AKDT 2004

In a message dated 5/25/2004 6:36:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rcaerobob at cox.net writes:

I'm considering adding CF tubing on the outside  of my hardwood dowels, and
then installing matching "sockets" out of CF in the  fuse sides (wood
structure, no adjusters).
Anybody with any thoughts  about this to reduce wear and slop??

Bob Pastorello

Bob, your method will work however let me suggest that surface area is a  big
contributor to the wear factor.  In the past, I have done what you are
planning but went to a larger dowel and socket and found the wear occured much
slower.  Doubling the diameter increases the wear surface dramatically with  no
increase in the vibration wear factor.
Don