Rear bearing

Lem and Christina Stevens landcstevens at comcast.net
Sat May 22 13:14:30 AKDT 2004

I am getting about 10,100 rpm on the engine I just cleaned, and it runs very
rough in the mid range.  With the same header and pipe, I get about 10,700
rpm on my other engine.  Both engines are OS 61 Hannos.  I am using an APC
12 x 12 pipe.

Urs, the engine was frozen up with the castor, so that it would not turn.
The carb barrel was also stuck.  It took three day soaking in fuel and then
a heat gun just to free the crankshaft so that it would turn.

Del,  bearing is free now, but definitely can feel some rough spots.  From
your description, it probably should be replaced.  Rough running and lower
rpm.

Lem