Tuned Pipe.

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Thu May 13 05:19:29 AKDT 2004

I have both engines with the ES and the Mintor pipe.  One time, I interchanged the pipes and could not notice the difference.  Therefore, I will suspect that the OS pipe could give you equivalent results.

Both engines the OS 140 RX and the Mintor 140 are so similar in power that it is very difficult to notice the difference.  The Mintor has better in idle and transition.  However, I drilled and tapped a second plug in the OS and both engines runs practically the same now.  The Mintor required a very long break-in period but I understand that new engines are OK.

Original bearings are pieces of metal junk in both engines.  I replaced with SS bearings from Boca Bearings and are working great so far.  So if you buy the engine order the bearings right away because you are going to need it.

Good luck

Vicente Bortone