Cub to X-15

Chuck Hochhalter cshochhalter at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 12 16:00:29 AKDT 2004

That's right, my swallow has changed its landing habits considerably and
now I too find myself somewhat frustrated as Paul Horan was or still is.

OS 120 pumped running a 16X8 Master Airscrew ran great, idled great
without a big change once warmed up and flew well with the exception to
extended 45 deg. uplines would slow after a while.

So, I decided to try a 15X10 apc prop just for grins. and the story
goes. much better overall flight performance with regards to speed,
smoother speed transitions but now it lands like a rocket and I can't
get her to slow down.  Idles fine, fly the sequence and then 6 clicks of
down trim to get to idle again, then still have to really draw a
downwind leg to hit the front half of the runway.

So. my guess is to spend another 30 bucks in props to find a better
match:

          16X8 APC, 16x10 APC, 15X10 MasterAirscrew

Lets hear it guys!!!

Thanks in Advance,

Chuck Hochhalter