Cub to X-15

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Thu May 13 05:19:34 AKDT 2004

For some reason, I don't have such a problem with my Swallow with a Y.S.
1.20 (old style) running an APC 16-8.  However, when landing, like you,
I drop the idle via throttle trim from fully fast idle, to just half on
the transmitter.  Works just fine.  Airplane just floats in.  The climb
is nearly obscene at full throttle; if I were to climb at a 45 degree
angle, it would be forever.
I haven't flown it for awhile; after this weekend I'm going to take it
out again, if the grass gets cut on the runway.  I'll see if I can come
up with any kind of good idea that could help.

Bill Glaze