Radio South Pro Driver Mk III

pbrine at uoguelph.ca pbrine at uoguelph.ca
Mon May 10 04:25:56 AKDT 2004

I haven't disected it as it was purchased at Toledo this year and is under
warrantee.

I was afraid I was going to have a fire and was considering opening the case to
to disconnect the battery.  By that point the case was too hot to hold and it
had shut itself off/burned out.  It got hot enough to melt/burn through the
case at one end.

I suspect an internal short in the glow clip as the glow clip and cable got
very hot.  This unit has the 2 piece sonictronics glow clip.

Paul

Quoting Hotrod34a at aol.com: