Radio South Pro Driver Mk III

Karl G. Mueller kgamueller at rogers.com
Mon May 10 06:03:46 AKDT 2004

Paul,

I just inspected the wiring on the clip on mine and I found that the
solder-tab for the neg.wire with its sharp corner had dug into
heat-shrink of the pos. wire connection. This could definitely
cause a short. I did not look at that before until Larry mentioned it
and had problems with it. An extra little piece of heat-shrink could
avoid that problem. I also feel that a rubber grommet around the wire
to the clip were it exits the case would be a good way to stop the sharp
edges of the plastic case to wear through the wire in time. Ideal situation
would be to isolate the battery by a switch or in line fuse from the rest
of the system in case of problems like this.

Karl G. Mueller
kgamueller at rogers.com