Near Miss

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Mon Mar 22 07:40:39 AKST 2004

Mike,

Are you using pull/pull cables? There was a similar incidence here with a fellows plane that he cracked the stab joint twice.  He was using pull/pull and did not have the clevis hookup point on the hingleline.  They where ahead of the hingeline causing the lines to tighten when deflected.  Unfortunately for him it also caused a weakness in the servo rails also and ultimately a fatal crash.

Wayne G.