remote glow

PENNISI Peter Peter.Pennisi at publicworks.qld.gov.au
Sun Mar 21 16:34:12 AKST 2004

Here is my solution. 300 + flights later still no problem.

Call Central hobbies and order the Tetra remote glow fitting.

When you receive the unit pull the blue cap off unscrew the fitting on top
so that you can remove the supplied wire with soldered fitting. Take this an
throw it in the bin.

Go to your nearest electronics shop and buy some multi-meter test lead. This
wire has hundreds of copper strands with a silicon jacket. OD diameter is
somewhere between 2.5 - 3.00 mm. also buy a crimp fitting so that it can be
screwed back to the Tetra fitting. Crimp the wire with the insulation. Don't
solder because solder does not tolerate any movement around the joint. It
will just break within a few flights.

This setup works brilliantly. Another piece of advise is if your using
4-strokes get some silicon tube which is large enough to slide over your
Tetra fitting. Make it about 10mm long and stuff it into the glow plug
recess when you put the fitting onto your glow plug. The silicon stops the
fitting from moving and getting worn as everything is shaking around.

Peter

  _____