YS DZ Fuel Hunger...

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Sun Jun 13 17:33:22 AKDT 2004

Ok all you DZ experts...I need some advice.  My DZ is running awesome....spinning a 17x12 at 8400 rpm.  Never quits, seems to idle ...fair.

Sooo...here's the problem.  It's slurping down 24oz of fuel in 9 minutes.   Now I know they're hungry...but they shouldn't be THAT hungry.  It's clearly running rich (that's pronounced "Smoke Trail") and if given time will load up slightly on the low end.   The main needle is 1 3/8 out and I'm nervous to dial it in much farther.

Am I just being silly...crank it in...or is there something else I should be doing???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

-Mark