Congratulations D5

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 02:44:35 AKDT 2004

 I'm proud to say that the Ryder trophy is looking mighty fine sitting on the mantle in my house. She's a real beauty. Also thanks to all the D4 guys, you are the best!
 This contest has evolved into a very important event in the midwest and the winning district as well as the individual competitors should feel a great sense of accomplishment. The level of competition is very high.
 Thanks to all the competitors and workers for making this contest such a great success.
 Also thanks to the AMA for allowing us to use the national flying site. For those of you that have never seen this facility you are missing something very special.
 Now if we get anymore flyers in the future we may have tyo use a second site to get in our rounds.
                                               Thanks, Mike Mueller

Bob Kane <getterflash at yahoo.com> wrote:
I humbly extend congratulations to all the D5 pilots who whipped our behinds this year and are now in posession of the coveted Ryder Trophy. A tear is welling up as I stare at the empty spot on my mantle.

39 pilots showed up at the D4-D5 Shootout to do battle for the trophy. Thanks to Tom Weedon, Bill Greg, Frank Delgiudice, & Larry Auer for running a tight contest and getting as many rounds as we did in spite of the weather. Congrats also to ALL the pilots for handling the weather conditions without a sigle mishap. A full report and photos will be in the K-Factor.

Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com