JR Radio Question

Mike East mweast at prodigy.net
Sat Jun 5 03:18:54 AKDT 2004

 Hi Craig,
Just a few things to consider.

What channel are you on? I think JR channels 14-15 and maybe 16 can have problems due to interference if there are television station frequencies for TV channels 4,6 or 12 nearby.  Especially if you are using FM or single conversion Rx's. I use Futaba but I have heard JR guys talk about this problem.

Obvious questions but
Is your RX antenna fully extended?
Have you checked your Tx, Rx batteries to make double sure they are fully charged and in good working order?

Mike

CELeon at aol.com wrote:
When doing a range test with a JR 8103 FM transmitter and a JR 549X receiver, without the engine running, standing 90 degrees to the receiver antenna, I'm getting jitters in the control surfaces at about 40 or 50 feet, with the transmitter antenna fully collapsed.  Changing the position or location of the receiver antenna does not seem to make any difference unless I pull it out of the plane and forward of the cockpit and engine.  This is an all balsa Viper.  Same results with two different receivers.  Flew it once and it glitched in the air 3 times.  Roughly the same location each time.  About 30 degrees to the right of where I was standing.  Some local club members think that leaving a JR transmitter on with the antenna fully collapsed for more than a few minutes will damage the module, and might be causing the problem.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.  Time to send it to Tony?
Thanks,
Craig Leonard
NSRCA 2405