JR Radio Question

CELeon at aol.com CELeon at aol.com
Fri Jun 4 20:51:10 AKDT 2004

When doing a range test with a JR 8103 FM transmitter and a JR 549X receiver,
without the engine running, standing 90 degrees to the receiver antenna, I'm
getting jitters in the control surfaces at about 40 or 50 feet, with the
transmitter antenna fully collapsed.  Changing the position or location of the
receiver antenna does not seem to make any difference unless I pull it out of the
plane and forward of the cockpit and engine.  This is an all balsa Viper.
Same results with two different receivers.  Flew it once and it glitched in the
air 3 times.  Roughly the same location each time.  About 30 degrees to the
right of where I was standing.  Some local club members think that leaving a JR
transmitter on with the antenna fully collapsed for more than a few minutes
will damage the module, and might be causing the problem.  Any suggestions will
be appreciated.  Time to send it to Tony?
Thanks,
Craig Leonard
NSRCA 2405