Prescription sunglasses

Adam Glatt adam.g at sasktel.net
Thu Jun 3 22:50:34 AKDT 2004

I first got Serengeti Hurikanus with Sedona (pink, double gradient).
Then I got prescription lenses for the frames. The lenses are still
fairly pink, but darker than the original Sedona. I also had a loaner
pair of gradient Drivers while I waited for the prescription lenses to
come in, and am convinced that Drivers are the best bright light
sunglasses. I went with pink lenses because they are good in bright and
spectacular in clouded over conditions. Yellow lenses are too bright in
bright conditions, and brown and green lenses are too dark in darker
conditions. I went with the Hurikanu frame because I thought it looks
the best, and covers the widest field of view (tall and wraparound). I
tried on every single pair of yellow, pink, and light brown lens'd
sunglasses in my city before I chose these glasses, also.

Serengeti Hurikanu w/ Sedona lens:
http://www.serengeti-eyewear.com/images/web_jpegs/eSedona/hurikanu_gun.jpg

The NYX glasses are great because you can switch between a pink, yellow,
and brown lens depending on the light conditions, and you can equip a
corrective pre-lens also. Also, at a contest when I wear these metal
frames with large glass lenses from the time I get to the field until
the time I leave for two days, plus the drive to and fro, the bridge of
my nose does get a little sore.

We spend a lot of time looking at the sky and outdoors. If you plan on
doing this for more than a few years you should probably be concerned
about UV protection (from good, wraparound lenses).