Retracts V Fixed Gear

wgalligan wgalligan at cnbcom.net
Sat Jul 3 07:22:50 AKDT 2004

The fixed gear are cool in the air visual aid too.  On the 45 degree
downlines (45 down invt. snap, backside of tri-angle loop invt.) the
fixed gear give me a very good visual reference.  Especially in poor
light conditions like when the plane is a shadow from backlighting.  I
still like the simplicity and easy of maintenance... and darn... they
sure look good.
It's not a fixed VS. retracts issue as they both have merit. It's what
works best for you.
AS for me... I will land on the runway... you retract guys can land all
you want off the landing zone "0".   :-)

Wayne G.