servo selections

twortkoetter twortkoetter at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 18:46:59 AKST 2004

I am new to larger planes as well as pattern planes.  I have flown in a few
contest but with my 60 size extra and am planning on moving into a sl-1a
that a club member is selling. I currently fly a futaba 8u radio with hitec
receivers.  I was wondering what servos you guys use on what surfaces and
what the requirements are going to be.  I don't think I can afford digital
servos though.  I am in district 5 and am planning on attending the
Springfield MO, Kansas City, Columbia, and St. Louis meets.  I am a member
of the phantom flyers in st. charles MO and have help out with the contest
for the last several years.  I look forward to meeting more great people in
my learning curve of pattern.  Thanks in advance for the info.

Tim Wortkoetter
NSRCA 3631