My Head Is Spinning!

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Thu Jan 8 18:04:23 AKST 2004

On Jan 8, 2004, at 6:28 PM, Scott Pavlock wrote:

>     I need some help guys. Im really having trouble deciding what
> motor to put in my new Focus 2 for this year. Please folks put aside
> your YS / OS feuding. I would just like to know the best engine from
> all your experience. Performance, reliability, and ease of use. Dads
> willing to spend the money so no problems there. Haha. And I know all
> the engines are very nice engines, so what is the best engine / pipe /
> header / head / bearing / fuel / anything else combination?

Scott - I am not objective on this subject.  Here is my story.  I have
been flying an 11 lb Advantage, with a YS 1.40L for the past two years.
  It worked very well for me.  My friend, John Fuqua, has been flying a
nearly 11 lb Focus, with an OS 1.40RX for the past two years.  It
worked so well for him that we will both be flying OS 1.40RX engines in
the Panaceas we will campaign with in 2004.  We both plan to use the
Morgan 20% heli fuel that John used for the past year.

Ron Van Putte