Fuel Line setup for A mintor 170

Jerry Budd jbudd at QNET.COM
Sun Feb 22 18:09:40 AKST 2004

Michael,

What I do is loop the fuel pickup line from the tank outside the
fuselage through a couple of vinyl grommets (Radio Shack has a
package of various sizes grommets for $0.99).  Once outside I break
the line with a fuel filter and then route back inside to the fuel
pump.  I disconnect the tubing on the fuel tank side of the filter to
refuel.  I've used this setup on both OS-140's and Webra 145/160's
with no problems.

Here's a photo:  http://tinyurl.com/2y75d

The fitting in front of the filter is the tank vent.  Some pilots opt
to use a check valve for a vent fitting so that no fuel leaks out
(you remove it to refuel but it's important to reinsert it oriented
in the proper direction or your engine won't run for long!).

Thx, Jerry

--
Jerry Budd
mailto:jbudd at qnet.com