Fuel Line setup for A mintor 170

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Sun Feb 22 18:24:57 AKST 2004

On Feb 22, 2004, at 9:09 PM, Jerry Budd wrote:

> What I do is loop the fuel pickup line from the tank outside the
> fuselage through a couple of vinyl grommets (Radio Shack has a package
> of various sizes grommets for $0.99).  Once outside I break the line
> with a fuel filter and then route back inside to the fuel pump.  I
> disconnect the tubing on the fuel tank side of the filter to refuel.
> I've used this setup on both OS-140's and Webra 145/160's with no
> problems.

I do basically the same as Jerry, but since I have been using a YS
1.40L, I have a parallel set of fuel lines coming out, with a check
valve in that line outside the fuselage.  The other line goes to the
tank overflow.  When I want to fill the tank, I disconnect the second
line to 'bleed' the tank pressure, then I fill the tank through the
line that goes to the filter.  The overflow comes out the other line.
Everything is visible and it's easy to service the filter and check
valve.

Ron Van Putte

# discussion-request at nsrca.org