Fw: plumbing for Perry Pump setup

Sandy Stewart sandy007 at btopenworld.com
Mon Dec 27 10:31:01 AKST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: richard.lewis
To: discussion at nsrca.org
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2004 3:01 PM
Subject: RE: plumbing for Perry Pump setup

Yea, that setup will work fine...

Richard
  -----Original Message-----
  From: discussion-request at nsrca.org [mailto:discussion-request at nsrca.org]On Behalf Of randy10926 at comcast.net
  Sent: Monday, December 27, 2004 9:01 AM
  To: discussion at nsrca.org

  I have been using a two line system and my colwing is already setup for a two line.  The vent line is the overflow and runs to an L in the cowling.  The main line with the clunk runs to a fuel filter and then the pump on the webra.  I have a break in the line between the clunk and the pump.  This break consists of two Ls and a piece of fuel tubing.  I have been breaking the line to fuel/de-fuel the plane.  That way the pump and carb on the Webra was not getting flooded during fuelings.

  Would this still work for the perry V30?  Just run the line from the fuel filter to the perry pump and then from the perry pump to the needle valve?

  Randy

    Randy,

    Yes, D&T the backplate to supply power to the pump.  If using an OS160, there is a neat fitting available from OS that replaces one of the backplate screws and provides a pressure tap.  It requires drilling into the bottom of one of the backplate screw holes, but is a really slick installation.

    I use a three line setup.  One line with a clunk that goes to the pump.  Second line with no clunk pointed into the bottom rear of the tank for fueling.  Third line for the vent/overflow.   You cannot fuel/de-fuel through the pump, and if you put a T behind the pump, you will force fuel through the pump while fueling.  So, the three line makes the most sense so that you don't have to disconnect a fuel line for fueling.

    The vent/overflow simply gets routed to the exterior of the plane.  The VP30 does not use a pressurized tank.

    Richard