2 stroke engine for Excelleron Question

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Mon Dec 27 12:38:32 AKST 2004

Paul,
The jury is still out on the Magnum XL 120AR ... The one I am running is absolutely great, but with a smaller carb than stock.
The factory have been absolutely fabulous, and they are sending me a new smaller carb, based on my running of an OS 7M in the engine.
It literally has half the choke area of the original item, and makes the engine well suited to aerobatics.
When the new carb reaches me, I'll let you all know how it goes. I am expecting success.
I am running it on 10% fuel, with either an Enya #3 or OS type F plug. The FAI schedules are no effort with this engine in the Excelleron, and throttle response is plain-old-muffler friendly.

Later,

Dean Pappas
Sr. Design Engineer
Kodeos Communications