Dual Elevator Thingy.

Steve Bennett whisperingsmith at speakeasy.net
Mon Dec 27 07:19:02 AKST 2004

Greetings,
I have need for some input. I'm running behind on my Epsilon project so
I bought an Excelleron to be sure I'll be able to compete (Dist. 8
Sportsman rookie) should the Epsilon not be ready when the monsoon
season ends here in the Pacific NW. I'm wondering what you fellow
fliers of this model (Excelleron) are doing for elevator linkage??? I
DO NOT want to run elevator  pull-pull so it looks like either Troy's
DEP gizmo or an MK doo-hicky. However, upon examining the fuse it would
seem like dual servos are possible as well. I just picked up some JR
DS3301's (God bless ebay) & after sending them in for inspection
they'll be awaiting a good home - elevators?.
Power will be courtesy of either my YS 91 or 110 because I'd rather fly
than spend the day trying to get a dumb-stroke to run properly  (Flame
suit currently being mended so be gentle).
Anyhoo, could I get some idea of any balance or other problems I might
incur with my engine & possible tail mount servo choice? I'd also like
to know what ya'll (for you guys east of me - youse if you're real
east) are doing for engine mounts. Will the stock mount take a YS 110?
I have a Hyde mount which I'd prefer to use but it looks like some
whiitlin' (ca'van) might be in order.
You guys are  a TREASURE of information & fun when yer not fightin n'
fussin like wet hens!!!!
Steve B.

PS Anyone needing pull-pull cable (rudder or otherwise)- Matt has the
best stuff I've come across! Email him at Rcmaster199 at aol.com