Dual Elevator Thingy.

Eddie Batchelor perkinsrx at centurytel.net
Mon Dec 27 07:54:30 AKST 2004

Steve
Definetly use the YS 110 if you have it available. The 91 won't make you
happy.  The stock motor mounts in mine are over a year old & I've got about
7 gallons of fuel thru it with a YS91 at 1st then the YS110 and they are
still OK to me.

There has been some variation as to CG balance.  I needed 3oz on the tail
with my YS110.  Others have needed nose wt with the same motor, so I don't
know how to advise you re servos in the tail. I'd say lay it up & see if
it'll balance ok with them in the tail then decide from there.   MY Personal
preference is the pull-pull & the plane is setup for that(but you stated
earlier you weren't doing that)

The easiest install (other than pull-pull) would be to cut the bottom out
(enlarged hatch) and install DEPS. This way you could very easily attach the
supports for the pushrods then replace the bottom of the fuse.   I have a
friend who did this on the Excelleron 50 and it worked great - can't tell it
was ever cut open even looking for it.

Set the fuel tank just in front of the servos. It's not on the CG but its
pretty close.
Eddie