December K-Factor

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Fri Dec 17 09:09:32 AKST 2004

On Dec 17, 2004, at 11:35 AM, Bill Glaze wrote:

>  In talking with Phil Vance, (IMAC Treasurer, used to fly pattern,
> lives near here, CD's pattern contests for the rest of us.) He
> mentioned that AMA had limited them to 70 contestants at the Nats',
> and that the applications were full months before their Nats'.
> Further, they had a waiting list.
>  I understand that the limitation on contestants has now been
> eliminated; so there will be no "artificial" numbers next time.  We'll
> see how they do.

That's very interesting the AMA would limit IMAC to 70 contestants.  I
wouldn't think they'd care how many contestants IMAC  had, as long as
they finished their competition within the time slot.  In fact,
contestants over an AMA threshold expense should net AMA $35 for each
contestant over the threshold.  So, I'd think they'd want as want as
many as IMAC could effectively handle.

Ron Van Putte