engine mount

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sat Dec 11 06:31:50 AKST 2004

In a message dated 12/11/2004 8:14:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
flyboy422 at juno.com writes:

Hi,

I'm building an Eclipse and was wondering what  can be done to stiffen
up the light firewall than comes with the kit to  support a Hyde A mount
so it doesn't flex? I'm running a  O.S.140

John

1/8" aircraft ply is plenty strong without any stiffeners in the backside  of
the FW. The beauty of the Hyde and Hyde style mounts is that there's
relatively little energy transferred to the backplate. Most of the energy is
absorbed bythe rubber snubber. Good luck

MattK