140L

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Thu Dec 2 12:18:58 AKST 2004

On Dec 2, 2004, at 2:54 PM, vicenterc at comcast.net wrote:

> I have been using 4/40 screws for years.  I use aluminum rivets to
> fill the space between the screw and the engine holes.  You just take
> out the nail from the new rivet and use the aluminum rivet.  I don't
> remember the size of the rivet but there is one that fits perfect.
> You save a little weight and the aluminum bites the screw.  I
> guarantee that will never come loose.  When you tight the screw make
> sure that you squeeze the rivet a little so the head of the screw gets
> inside the rivet.

Vicente's input reminded me to mention that I use standard size fuel
tubing to fill the space between the screw and the engine holes.  I cut
little sections of the fuel tubing that are the thickness of the engine
mount.  It centers the screws in the engine mount holes and grabs the
screw, making it easier to mount the engine.  It also give you a little
'wiggle room' in making small thrust angle changes.

Ron Van Putte