OS 160FX setup

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Thu Dec 2 11:59:38 AKST 2004

That's right, Bob.
The hopper needs a fair bit of air in it, which is exactly counter to the use of a hopper in order to de-bubble the engine run near the end of the main tank.
It is only good in the short term, but that's OK. It helped in my 1/3 Laser.
Many, many moons ago, Kavan sold a pressure carb for the popular 60s of the day.
The one for the Enya 60 (hey, Phil Kraft won the World Champs with one just the year before!) had a
bicycle valve biult into the side of the carb, attached to a fuel nipple that was plumbed to a tank vent.
A cam attached to the  throttle arm would open the valve below 1/2 throttle and burp the tank.
Of course, if the plane was interted, it would pee out the side of the carb.
I spent hours in the backyard, annoying the neighbors and trying to get that thing to transition consistently.
No Sir ... didn't like it.

Dean Pappas
Sr. Design Engineer
Kodeos Communications