OS 160FX setup

flyintexan at houston.rr.com flyintexan at houston.rr.com
Thu Dec 2 06:02:55 AKST 2004

I used the regulator (iron bay and kline) and it eventually gave up (flooded the engine in flight...had a good round going too! LOL).  I switched to the vp30 and never had a problem again...got better idle and transition as well.  You can purchase the pressure nipple for the os140 which replaces one of the backplate screws.  You do have to drill out the bttm. of the threaded hole to expose it to the inside of the crankcase which is easy to do...I think bob p. has the step by step on his website??  With the purchased nipple and remote needle (mounted mine to the firewall), it makes it a tidy setup.

-mark