YS 1.40 Sport

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Sun Aug 22 19:49:57 AKDT 2004

I understand the fix and we used this same fix back on the NC's and the SC's. I even did this same thing to a 140DZ that was an early prototype. The DZ doesn't have an adjustment on the hole like the FZ-L-Sport and others have. It just has a hole...so you have to be careful not to drill too much.  But it does work...

I have a 140Sport that I have not drilled out bigger and it performs flawlessly. I don't have loads of time on it but about 3 cases would be a good number.  I do have the regulator a little inside of flush on the case (3/4-1 turn)  which will lean out the mid-range....With this setting I did not need to drill the hole bigger to lean it.

I also tend to just run the CP Heli 30% in everything I own and this fuel will tend to help the mid-range richness also...The higher nitro with lean the motor so you need to open the settings to get proper mixture. So if a midrange is too rich when HS and LS needles are set then more nitro will help the middle. I did this on my 2 strokes when I played with them and it works good also....Its been a  while since I played with the Sport...but I'm going to stick it my #1 Supreme for a while and just see how it does. I seem to think I was getting around 8800-9000 on a 16-11. This is lots of power not ridiculous but lots.

 Glad you guys are liking the Sport I feel its a great motor. I'm even thinking of getting another one to go into an AA model.

TN