Landing Sequence

Robert Ailles thejudgebob at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 14:36:21 AKDT 2004

Hi All
I am Bob Ailles the chief judge in the UK.
I see you are having some debate over the landing sequence, back in march we had Bob Skinner over to do his judging training presentation,on his way back from the march CLAIM meeting. A copy of his presentation is available on the G.B.R.C.A.A web site, www.gbrcaa.org go to forum judging/scoring where you can download it.
As I see it if you fly at 150metres and do your first 180degree turn out over the 60degree marker this would not receive a ZERO score. As depth should not be an issue on the downwind leg if the turns are kept to a sensible size. you do need to look at manoeuvre P-05.23 in the presentation
The only way I can see this manoeuvre receiving a ZERO score for flying to far out, is if he flies 30 or 40 metres passed the upwind marker flag before he starts his 180 degree turn, this could be conceived as to far out.
This to far out rule also applies to the take off sequence I.I. the 270degree turn and the reversal.
I am judging in E/C in Portugal later on this month and I will be asking Bob Skinner for some points regarding Take-off and Landings.

bob Ailles