AMA Safety Committee Announcement - April 23rd, 2004 - Lithiu m Battery H...

Mike Hester kerlock at comcast.net
Fri Apr 23 18:26:40 AKDT 2004

They will both "vent in flame" if overcharged, so in this case, they are the same. One may be marginally less dangerous than the other, that's about it.

In the case I am so personally familiar with, there was a power surge and the diode was apparently blown...so much for "charge safe technology" huh? If it was an isolated incident, that may be different. Unfortunately it's common....too common it seems. Note the phrase in the warning "MANY fires".

And I still need to go to bed, but this subject just gets me going.

-Mike