A possible answer to lousy judging "Flash cards"

Woodward James R Civ 412 TW/DRP James.Woodward2 at edwards.af.mil
Mon Apr 19 13:50:22 AKDT 2004

I know I'm way-late on this thread however, the use of a scribe does not in
itself guarantee better judging.  Just this weekend, we/I witnessed judges
using scribes for Masters & FAI, looking "down" to tell the scribe what the
score is..... it was kind of funny to watch.  In fact, given that they were
looking down before the use of a scribe, the addition of a scribe only
increase the chances of errors, as they (still looking down), had to
transfer information to another person.
Jim W.